...a free tracking test service for Locus
Locus Pro settings:
Videoclip basic setup
- Menu -> More -> Live tracking
-> NAME: e.g. "cme" -> OK -> seclect "cme"
- BASIC INFO UPDATE (Update interval): 40s, 15m, Max accuracy 250m
- BASIC INFO BASE URL: http://locus.oldboys.at/collect.php
- DATA METHODS: select GET
- DATA PARAMETERS:
select PARAMETERS ADD -> Latitude(1)
select PARAMETERS ADD -> Longitude(2)
select PARAMETERS ADD -> Time(5)
select PARAMETERS ADD -> Text field(20)
Change KEY and VALUE as follows:
(click the image below to enlarge)
Additional you can add two more paramater of your free choice
but you have to rename the KEY to "var1" or "var2"
e.g. rename from added Parameter "Altitude" the KEY "alt" to "var1" (see videoclip)
or e.g see videoclip how add speed
- Press Start - thats all!
- don't forget to allow mobile data transfer on your phone.
- be sure you have an GPS SATfix
- Locus does not send data, if the GPS position is not changed.
- After first login you will see your last transmitted position in the center of the map:
- ...and your last (max 300) stored trackpoints.
- Enter your buddy's guest login id, to see his position.
(your friend must be a registred user too
- Export your own track as *.kml (Google Earth)
- Remove all your own stored tracks.
- Generate a guest login id for your friends or family and share the generated URL
- Do you have any question?
feel free to post: in the Locus discussion forum thread